Saturday, November 6, 2010

Your G-Mail Account Will be De-activated

I received this E-mail recently and I was thrown into high-alert mode. Here's the exact E-mail I got.

*******************************

Gmail Account Team secureverification@gmail.com

jlnewby@bellsouth.net

Dear User,

We are experiencing some technical difficulties,Gmail Account Team! would be shutting down all unverified accounts.So to avoid deactivation of your account, you will have to confirm your e-mail by replying your login information below. Clicking the reply button and forward your login details.

User Name:
Password:
Date Of Birth:
Occupation:
Country Of Residence:

Once we receive the information requested you will be able to continue using your Account.
Gmail Account Team Customer Care
71594822

*********************

Now, My lawyer mind springs into action. G-Mail has all the data. They even have my Username, Password, Date of Birth and all the data about me. If they want to shut down unverified accounts, it is ok with me.

But I look through the E-mail as an artistic piece. The creativity. The shrewd lie disguised as information data needed. It is a good con, a scam. I want to leave it at that. Just ignore it. But my creative self is ignited.

So I write back.

Dear Gmail Account Team,

I am in receipt of your E-mail. It is sad that you will be shutting down. But that is the much that I can say. As for the information you requested before you de-activate my account I want to state categorically that you will not have any save to say that I am the Citizen of the Earth. Please if you will not be shut by the time you receive this response just know that I love your creativity( but not the legality of your actions, though).

As for now, deactivation of my account is still not a big threat to me. I am worried about bigger issues like Global Warming, Global recession,how people's thoughts could be shared through blue-tooth and such other stuff.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Citizen of the Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment