Saturday, November 6, 2010

Love Note

( Actually written to a lady on Tuesday, January 12, 2010)

My Sweet one,

The last time I wrote a letter to a loved one was in High School. I mean those love notes which started like: It gives me joy and jubilation to write on this webuye product. Then there was “dedix” where I could quote the Top 10 songs that I listened at KBC General Service. A poem had always to be there something like friends are forever blah blah and more crap. What shiznit! Some lines were written in such a way that a girl could not understand them either immediately or forever. Something like: Like the gradient and the number line you always make my peristalisis go in the opposite direction. If to call you osmosis is not the same as active transport then diffusion is not the answer neither a cell is. Oh my! The High School days.

Now here I am again. Not with a webuye product but a Bill Gates product. Not with “dedix” from Top Ten but dedix from may be Kiss TV and Easy Fm and Classic Fm. Not with words that you cannot understand like ‘peristalisis’( Don’t ask me the meaning and I promise I will not lie) but words from my heart. Because what is the use of words if it doesn’t sing to your heart? What’s the use, my dear one?

Now the ‘snail mail’ is almost gone. No more powdered letters on which flowers are drawn. ‘Messengers’ have been rendered jobless. Now you are a call away, sms away without barriers! But I have chosen to write to you. To be exact, at 11 p.m on 11th oh oh ten. I have decided to write to you because I want to demonstrate to you that the sms’s are no longer enough for what is in my heart. I have written because since High School I have never sat and put my mind together to write words with warm fingers which can caress and cuddle to somebody am affectionate to. I have written to you because when my mind is “somertumbling” with love for ya girl I am a convict unless I write it. Know this, nowadays it is so difficult to write even a paragraph to anyone but to you ain’t sleepin’ till I finish this “Bill Gates Product”. I will do this because I love you, Sweet one.

I have not done this before. Of course may be during the webuye product days. I have decided to do this because I have always felt that spoken words can be carried by the winds and get mixed with noises in our heads and smses limit what flows in my blood. But with these written words you can always go back to them and also let your heart “somertumble”. I want to write to you from my heart, not mind. Your favourite music is playing in the background. My friend is fast asleep but I don’t care coz in the depth of this night I can get to the depth of my love for you, the dazzle of my eyes.

I have never loved like this before. Let me tell you this as honestly as a chaplain’s opening prayer: Every day of my stay in Kacheliba was hell. I acted Mr. Judo-wrestler-things-are-fine-smarta** but inside me the reality sunk in that I can’t afford to be away from you. Your departure didn’t help either. You see, sweetheart, mwenzio is somewhere in the middle of nowhere trying to locate the mindless goat to be slaughtered on the D-day while you are away. Then I imagine, now Salem how about if you were the one there, I mean the two of you. It is unfair but I am not complaining (remember this composition will be marked for creativity so sitafuta the words ‘unfair and ‘not complaining’). So there I was, if I had chance I could mobile-phone-facebook and check your update, get re-united and flip through some old newspaper or some novel here and there.

That is why I write this. If a man loves a gal he is “possessed” like he’s never been possessed. When love enters his head he ain’t the same man again. He sees concrete jungles as holiday resorts extending to the beaches. He hears no evil sees no evil and speaks no evil. He sees shrubs as roses, daffodils and what-have-you. When a man loves, Sweet one, his heart is tender with warmth and affection. His fluency goes away, his heart “somertumbles” and he only hears the rhythm of love.

Like I have said before, I have always avoided being passionate to a member of the fairer sex. Don’t know exactly but may be the fear of the unknown. I have always tried to talk of “weather jo”, “ this sun aish” “Climate change” and the whole kit and caboodle so that I don’t talk love but here I will talk love with you.

Tis oh oh oh oh plus 8 mins but I don’t care. Let me finish this.

I am always after your happiness. That might sound like a well connected lie hidden inside a lengthy paragraph of a gava’s document but I mean it. It is because of this that you have inspired me in more ways than one. Let me not hide this from you: Am privileged to have your attention let alone something more than that. In loose translation, you help me strive for greater heights. You need a good life and I need to lay the foundation. What does this mean to Lorot son of the Hills? Tis this I say unto myself: Get your act together, nucca , and up your game. Fly with the eagles, chickens don’t fly!

That is why you inspire me. I think about you and I remember my books and check where I wrote my ten-year goal. I do this selfishly in order to secure you and your happiness. Apart from this, should somebody else have you nonetheless, God forbid, I know that you will still be happy because it would have been a fight among equals. But to think about this makes my goose-bumps develop goose-bumps.

Before I go to sleep I want to leave you with this. I will be honest to you. If I have anything to ask you I will not hesitate to do it directly to you. Similarly, should you have anything to ask me feel free to do so. I have been away for sometime and I have a lot to tell you in person. I want to share with you what is in my heart. I want to talk them straight from the heart and see you in the eye. And please don’t be silent. When you are silent I hear so many noises in my head, know what I mean? By noises I mean hizo mahewa za matt only that they are not of R n B but rock. But again I agree that sometimes the rhythm of love sounds best in serenity. Always follow your heart, gal, am still new in this. As they say, there is always room for improvement. I am keen to be a diligent student. Once in a while I might flop but mine will always be honest mistakes (like of the boy trying to pee during chamama na chababa when the children are asleep). Consider them as thus. Your happiness is prime, don’t forget that, my dear one.

Three things I want to say as a parting shot.

1. Am no hero of love in the soaps but I can sing to your heart.

2. I have loved you in ways I cannot explain. As to the whys and wherefores I can’t honestly tell.

3. Am always proud of you. I can stand on the rooftop to confess this love. That’s how serious I am

Tis oh oh 46. Time to retire to bed.

With much love,

Lorot Son of the Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment