Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No Dinner For Sinners

31st October 2010.
Time 6.30 p.m-8.00 p.m
Venue: Kenya National Theatre

I secured time to watch this play, No Dinner For Sinners. It is the tribulation of a stockbroker Jim, the Manager for INVESCO Stockbrokers Ltd. Jim is a perennial bachelor but there's a fix: William Nxuma is paying a visit and "expects all his staff to be respectably married".

And the circus begins when three ladies are embroiled in the most hilarious, most captivating hard-to-catch pranks.

I absolutely loved this play. Derrick Amunga who played the role of Jim has every inch of a seasoned actor. I laughed the sarcastic laughter of Nxuma. The cleaner carried the day especially when she "shrubbed" her way through. The Tyra Banks analogy was simply out of this world.

I had not really had such a laugh before. Thank you Festival of Creative Arts for crowning my Sunday.

Now, the next: When the Cat's Away @ Alliance Francaise on 19-21 November, a classic bedroom farce, is something you should never miss. I am ticking the days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment