Friday, October 29, 2010

Out of the nostrils, with love

I was a public speaker at a huge gathering. My talk was about The Challenges of A Child From Rural Areas.The panel of judges was seated in the front row, business written on their faces. My discourse was flowing well when, out of the blue, I sneezed. A slimy,viscous and vicious mucus flew out of my bulby nose and, as if to prove its point, it hung on my nostrils.One could swear that it was a moustache.

My quick-fix idea of gallantly groping for the handkerchief proved to be an exercise in futility. Feeling like to scram, I made to move but, as you've guessed it, I stood there. Innovative as I am, I rubbed my left forearm on the demeaning fluid, coughed for reassurance-- then plodded on! Later, my friend confided in me that my face looked like that of a white-striped warrior.

Till now, I make a point of having three handkerchiefs in my pockets.
You never know when the rascal of embarassment shall knock at the door
of your repute. Ye watch people!

No comments:

Post a Comment