Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Need Your Help



Here’s another scam that hits my spam messages from one David Nimba. I receive these spam messages and I have noticed a particular pattern they follow:

a)      Introduction: I am so-and-so, from this country and that. Since such an intro evokes feelings of ‘so what about it?’ ‘what’s the connection?’ the sender will say something to the effect that one’s E-mail address was selected randomly through some random search or that one is trustworthy as in this Nimba case.

b)      Now, buddy, I am in a deep mess: Some financial quaqmire, some astronomical figures at stake may be as an inheritance or from some other source.

c)      Here’s the catch, please help buddy: Then the ultimate connection. You see friend, you appear to be trustworthy, your country has good institutions, transfer could be easy, some uncles are out to disinherit me, I want to get out of this country..blah blah. And then your cut will be a third of 43 Million US Dollars if you help. Please send the bank details, your personal info, your credit card number and some 1,500 Euros to pay to the bank and the lawyers to effect the transfer. And I am thinking: Well, buddy, tell those bank guys not to complicate issues. They should just deduct 1,500 Euros out of the 43 Million US Dollars or betterstill from my 1/3 of 43 Million US Dollars.
 
d)     Confidentiality clause: Buddy, this is our small investment secret. As you are well aware, 43 Million US Dollars are a huge sum to call for a shout on the rooftops. You whisper a word about this to another breathing soul and you ‘will raise the eyebrow of a third party’. C’mon, buddy, this money is so huge I have to share with my friends, my clan, my enemies and even those who think they have money. I can’t just sit mum when 43 Million US Dollars is about to be transferred to my account. For all I care, I am a 43-naire. At least not for me.

But unfortunately, this sum is so huge that I ask myself:

Lorot Son of the Hills, you grew up behind the hills on the plains of Kacheliba. You have not participated in any Lottery (even these ones of Zawadi 2929). You have not sold any cow. You have not planted 1000 acres. You have not received any award. You have not invented a machine that can interpret people’s dreams and transcribe them into movies. You have not stolen any public money. Who do you think you are to receive 43 Million US Dollars just like that?

And by analyzing myself: …the so-called custodian of the tales of the hills….an amateur poet..an amateur blogger..an amateur dreamer…I ask myself: Lorot Son of the Hills, who do you think you are to receive 43 Million US Dollars just like that?

And with this sudden realization I receive the revelation that I am not prepared for 43 Million US Dollars anyway. It spins my mind and I don’t want things that spin my mind. Let those who can handle 43 Million US Dollars have them. As for me, I am content with my tales of the hills, amateur poetry and amateur dreams.



RE: I NEED YOUR HELP

Friday, November 26, 2010 7:31 AM

My Dear, (Since when? You don’t know me!)

I know this proposal letter might be a pleasant surprised (sic)  to you as we don't know ourselves before. I am Mr David  Nimba  a  Liberian born 30 years ago, now seeking asylum in Dakar Senegal under (UNHCR) I contacted you as a cause of my serious search for a reliable and trust worthy person that can handle such a confidential transaction of this nature.

My father (Late) Dr. Johnson Nimba the former Deputy Minister of Finance under the executive civilian president of Liberia, but was assasinated(sic)  by the rebels during the civil war and properties destroyed, but I narrowly escaped with some very important documents of (US$7.5M) Seven Point Five Million U.S Dollars deposited by my late father in a high financial company here in Dakar-Senegal under my name as next of kin.

However, I seeked (sic) with the problem of securing a trust worthy foreign personality like you to help me transfer this money pending when I will come over to your country for us to meet for investment of the money. Furthermore, I only want this to be done this way because your country is politically stable for any profitable investment, and I also want to add here that if accepted by you, you will serve as the original beneciary (sic) of the money.

I feel confidence (sic) therefore, to introduce this offer to you. For your participation and all your assistance regarding this transfer, I have decided to give you 15% of the total money. Therefore, you are requested to furnish me back immediately you receive this request to transfer this money from Dakar Senegal to your country residence account or any account of your interest.

On commencement of this transaction I want to let you understand that the future of myself depends solely on this money. So please keep this business to yourself only to avoid raise eye brow of any third party.

I am eagerly expecting your urgent response.
Yours Sincerely
David  Nimba,



 

No comments:

Post a Comment